We know real success is actually happiness, but what makes people happy? The answer isn’t in getting more, it’s in “needing less.” The happiest people on Earth don’t necessarily have important titles, fast cars or big houses, but they do enjoy some of life’s greatest experiences… Simple pleasures. Here’s a quick checklist to make sure you’re not missing out on them:
- Slow Down – It feels amazing to do something well vs. do it fast. Enjoy the process.
- Appreciate It – From a magical sunset to sleeping in on a stormy day, life’s greatest pleasures are often the realization that you’re perfectly content and wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
- Help Someone in Need – Giving is truly the greatest experience you could ever feel in your life, so don’t miss out. Everyone has something to give, whether it be time, encouragement or anything within your means.
- Explore New Places – Freedom is the greatest gift. Use it and explore.
- Learn Something New – In life, your skills take you places or hold you back. Keep reading and learning things that interest you which are also commercially valuable skills.
- Do What You Love – If you love what you do, can you even call it work? Find your passion and pursuit it for as long as you can.
- Be Right Here Right Now – This moment is the only moment that exists. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may never come. Right now is yours. Don’t miss it.